Saturday, March 14, 2009

Al Surgery

On Thursday evening Al had surgery on his infected knee. The doc went in and replaced the "poly cushion" between the two artifical knee joints. He said it was reallly infected. He also did a antibiotic washout and felt he got all of the bacteria. The surgery was only about an hour and Al did well. He is still pretty sick and on pain meds, but doing better. He is also on massive doses of antibiotics to fight not only the staph but the strep infection in his blood. He will have to take antibiotics for the rest of his life, but if that is all he has to do that will be great.

I was down with the stomach flu yesterday all day. I didn't go to the hospital, but Ric and Janet did and said he was doing fine, very tired, but otherwise doing well.

I am feeling better today, but don't think I will go to the hospital this morning and wait and see how I feel. I don't want to give this crud to Al. This year is definely a rotten year.

Thank you all for your prayers and thoughts. I will keep you posted on his progress.

No comments:

Followers