Sunday, March 01, 2009

Yuma

Yuma, Az

It is 87 degrees out...we must be in Yuma! We drove over here on Friday to visit some good friends, Dick and Lano and tomorrow we will head to Lake Havasu City to meet up with Bille and Dan to celebrate Bille's 40th birthday! I ask you, how did all these "kids" get tp be 40+? No,don't answer that! Don't wantta' know!

Yesterday Lano and I went over to the swap meet here in Yuma...it rivals the Mesa Swap meet. We had just got there and wandered into a booth that made corian cutting boards and carried Rada knives. I looked at the man running the booth, thought to myself, he looks familiar, but then just dismissed it. The lady that rang up our purchase looked familiar as well, but...hmmm. We started to walk away when it hit me! I know those people. I went back and asked the man, "Is your name Bob?" He looked at me funny, but answered "yes"...I said "and your last name is Berry?" and then he really looked at me funny and said yes. I then told him who I was and he just exploded! I knew that was you....but I wasn't sure. Bob and Char Berry were Boeing friends, Al was with them in Iran and Bob and I worked together for awhile teaching "quality" classes at Boeing. We haven't seen them since 1998 and had lost contact. We were talking about them not too long ago and I had Googled them at that time and came up with way too many Bob Berry's. So today Al and I went back to the swap meet and visited with them for a while. They have a small business and are at the Swap Meet every weekend in the winter. It was good to see them and we promised to stay in contact. You just never know who you will meet up with, where ever you are...proving this is a small world.

Last Thursday was a busy day for me. I had a quilting class all day....this class is a bit advanced for me, but I got through it. It was fun and I learned a lot. Then, Thursday night I met the "girls", Jeannette, Holly and Suzi for dinner at Delectables, which was truly delectable, and then we all went to see "Menopause, the Musical." I had seen it once before and I knew that at least Suzi and Jeannette would find it funny...hilarious, side splitting. Holly, being so young, enjoyed it, and it gave her a preview of things to come. This truly is one of the funniest shows I have ever seen. I would see it again. We laughed until we cried...our sides hurt and our eyes watered. We all had a great time...and we all said we wanted to make this a habit..once a month dinner and show with the girls.

So now we are enjoying our friend here and will see the Skidmore's when we are in Havasu and we are looking forward to a visit with them. We will be home on Thursday to get ready for the next round of company, Ric and Janet on the 10th. Jack and Suzi will be at our house over the weekend as they have a show in Oro Valley, but I don't classify them as company anymore...they are home at our house!

Until next time....

No comments:

Followers