Friday, March 20, 2009

Progress is Progress, even if it is small

Tucson

Al is making progress...he is walking a bit more and can get up from his chair and get into bed. Baby steps, but progress none the less. He is tired, cranky and wants to come home. So things are getting back to normal, whatever normal is.

I talked with his case worker yesterday and the target date for discharge is Mar 29 at the earliest. It all will depend on how he progresses these next few days. The discharge team meets on Thursdays and they will re-evaluate his progress next Thursday and see if the 29th is still the target day.

He is not eating very well. Picks at his food. And I will say the food is not bad...I had the meatloaf last night and it was good. He says he isn't hungry and that could be because of the meds.

One good thing, they are working both legs, not just the leg/knee that had surgery. Hopefully this will make him stronger and he will have an easier time walking. It seems as if he gets lazy when he gets home, so when he comes home he will have a home healthcare provider 3 days a week and a therapist 3 days a week as well. However, I will have to be here when they are here and he will need someone with him 24/7 to begin with. Looks like I will have to search out a part time care giver so I can get a break and go do something. But I will cross that bridge when I get to it....one day at a time.

So for now, not much to report. I go to the rehab center usually twice a day, once at lunch and then again in the late afternoon/evening.

By the way, the road runner is still here and just as obnoxious.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The gift that keeps giving.........hoot hoot

Anonymous said...

Just checking in, Jo. Glad to hear that there is progress, even if it's slow. Take care of yourself, gal. Bob and I send you and Al our best and will keep praying for continued progress.

Wanda and Bob Pehl

Followers