Friday, June 26, 2009

Noxon, MT..a little slice of heaven here on earth!

Noxon, Montana

WHOA! I have found a new "roosting" place for summer! This place is gorgeous!

We arrived here on Wednesday a little after noon. We left Newport, WA and drove through some of the most beautiful country! I love NW Montana! We took our time and just wandered down the road. Some of the little towns are so darn cute. We stopped in Clark Fork and had lunch at "Moms" Cafe. A cute little place. When we pulled in to this RV park I told Al
"I think we are home!!" Denise and Gordon met us and helped us get set up, we are parked right next to them. Also Denise's brother is here with his motor home. And go figure, he works at Boeing and we know a lot of the same people.

We all had great steak dinner that night and sat around the campfire until way too late! I haven't done this in years--- reminded me of the times we would go to Lake Isabella in California years ago. Remember those days Ruby and Skid???

John (Denise's brother) and his girlfriend breed and show papillon dogs...how cute they are. They have six on them with them now and they are really, really cute. However, Beau and Schuster can't quite figure out just what they are!!

As I said, I have a fallen in love with this area. Yesterday Gordon and Denise took us up to their property...it is absolutely beautiful. The Clark Fork river and the Bull river run through Noxon and Al could barely contain himself...he wanted to fish so badly! We also stopped at "Toby's Bar" in Noxon...a landmark in itself. The inside was something to see. Dollar bills on the ceiling, different pictures, saying on the walls and gold dollar coins all over the bar and one wall. AMAZING. And I had to take a picture for Jennifer in there...you never know where you will find a flamingo hanging from the ceiling!



Gordon, Jo, Denise, John, Al at Toby's Bar in Noxon, Montana

Last night was spaghetti and afterwards we all sat around the campfire again. I am having a blast! We all swapped stories (lies) and finally the mosquito's and the cold drove us in.

Today was packing day. Have you ever had to pack for a 56 day trip? ARG! And throw a cruise in the middle of that. I have no idea what I have packed or if it will be right, but it will have to do. Tomorrow we will drive to Seattle for a few days stay, then fly to Alaska on July 2.

After I got done packing Gordon, Denise, Al and I drove around the area to see more of it. I am so enamoured with this area. We found some property for sale and we are thinking about it...it over looks the valley and river. I can't describe how beautiful it is.

Dinner was at "Herfords" Steak house. Very good! Friends of Gordon and Denise's joined us. Louis is a retired policeman from Chicago and his wife Chris is a retired flight attendant. We really liked them as well. I do have to tell a funny story tho...Chris had gotten up to get another pitcher of water for the table (there was 11 of us in all) and she was walking around the table filling up glasses...she was standing above me and I made the comment "I don't think I like you standing over me with a full pitcher of water"...just teasing her. Well, the next thing I know I have water running over my head! She had intended to make like she was pouring water on me, and didn't realize she was! We all had a big laugh over it...how to meet new people and impress them! They are a neat couple and we hope to see them again when we get back from Alaska. Also there were friends Mike and Louise who we had met before and really like. Great bunch of people.

Here in the RV park tonight and for the weekend are a group of Mennonite's and I have to say I am impressed with them. They care for each other and are so nice and the children are all so well behaved. Beau has had several children over playing with him. I also found him in the middle of their campsite a little later on just making himself at home! Darn dog! Schuster has received a lot of attention as well.

Motorhome....Montana style!


So until next time, watch out for pitchers of water over your head...you just may wear it!

No comments:

Followers