Monday, June 15, 2009

Voiceless in Odessa; The snake that wouldn't die and THE BIG CLEAN OUT

Odessa
Friday we met Ron, Melanie and Lori in Moses Lake. While they were renting their Uhaul trailer I ran over to pick up Cammie and boyfriend Ryan at Job Corp. We all met back up and headed to Golden Corral for dinner. Then back to Odessa. We dropped the UHaul at the house and then I took them all to Jerry's house where they were staying.

Up Saturday morning...met for breakfast at the only cafe in town..Chiefs. Pretty good too. After breakfast we all (well, except for Al) went to the house to start the BIG CLEAN OUT! Seems I have been doing this a lot in the last few years...first my brothers house in Anchorage, then his house in Tucson and now our house here. We started in the kitchen, as Todd and Jerry had packed up most everything else and it was in the storage trailer. By noon we were done with the kitchen and got the furniture that was going out moved. After lunch we hit the storage trailer and got about 25% of it done before I gave up! I will work on the storage trailer this week.

It seems as if I lost my voice somewhere Saturday. Can't find it either...I have one heck of a case of laryngitis. I thought my allergies were acting up, however, it has turned into one heck of a cold!!! I think everyone likes it that I can't talk!

Saturday night we bbq'd ribs out at Jerry's. Everyone was already out at Jerry's when Cammie, Ryan and I headed out. Cammie was driving Todd's Explorer for me as I didn't feel like driving. About a mile out of town on the road was the biggest, longest snake I have ever seen. I told Cammie to run over it. She did...again and again and again. This damn rattle snake would not die! FINALLY it quit moving. Off to Jerry's we go with me doing a high five! Another snake gone. While we were in Jerry's house, Cammie was looking out the dining room window and lo and behold, there is another snake in the bushes below the window. Oh, Jerry....yup, another rattler, a baby this time. Jerry killed it and Ron and Lori skinned it! AARGG! ICK!!! I made Lori SCRUB her hands! ICK, pooey, icky!

Yesterday we all met up at Chiefs again for breakfast. Still good. After breakfast Melanie and family took off for home. Sure glad they were here...they really were a big help; plus I really enjoyed our visit. I need to see more of them.

A little later in the day Jerry and I took Cammie and Ryan back to Moses Lake, where they are going to school. We got back around 3:30 and we took Alyssia and Austin (Todd and Vicky's children) for ice cream as I had promised them I would. Todd is such a hard worker....Larry and Claudia should be really proud of him. He is really a nice man, and Vicky is a lovely woman. So glad to have them around. I hope they will enjoy our house.

So now today I am resting. And probably tomorrow as well. Gotta' find my voice somewhere as well. I don't like not being able to talk!!! Imagine that! Al is not liking it either as he can't hear and I can't talk...no communication at all!!! And I can't call the dogs either! Frustrating.

We have had a couple of thunder storms here and we are suppose to have more today. Fine with me. It hasn't been too hot the past few days either. Right now it is about 75 with a nice breeze.

There was a golf tournament here this weekend and the RV park was full. And boy did they party on Saturday night...complete with a band! They asked us to join them (so we wouldn't complain!) however, we declined. We did enjoy the music however. I bet there were plenty hangovers yesterday.

That's it from this end of the world for now. Someday I will find my voice again, but for now it's texting and email.

Take care all...................

No comments:

Followers