Sunday, September 02, 2007

Better today

WHEW! After a very sleepless night last night I called Al this morning and was so happy to hear he was feeling much better. After I had a cup of coffee (no easy feat, since our coffee maker took over an hour to brew a pot today...it is now RIP in the trash!) I went to the hospital.

BIG IMPROVEMENT over yesterday. Al was sitting up in bed, catheter no where to be seen, his color was good and his disposition greatly improved! Doctor came in around noon and said that everything was beginning to look normal. White blood cell count was down to around average, which means the infection is going away; glucose looked good; heart was looking much better; HOWEVER, (there is always that) Al is still having trouble with bladder control. Doc doesn't like that much, but he is waiting to see if that will improve with time. They were going to do another bladder scan this afternoon to see if his bladder is emptying completely, or if there is a problem with the prostrate. After yesterdays trama and drama, I needed those positive notes! So now we are waiting to see how it goes; then we will try to figure out what to do as far as travel. For the present, I am paid through Wednesday here.

I don't know if I mentioned in previous blog that the RV Park was going to make me move to a different space because they had a tour coming in; however, after I pleaded my case, they decided to let me stay where I was. Well, the tour came in today...I am surrounded by all of the Foretravel Motorhomes...big, expensive rigs. Makes me feel like the unwanted step child! And some of these rigs even have drivers!!! YES, I said drivers...the owners don't drive the rigs themselves! Amazing! Utterly amazing to me.

Again, I truly want to thank all of you for your care and concern. I truly appreciate all of the support we have recieved from all of you who have emailed, called and prayed for us. I can't begin to tell you how much it has helped. We really do have a wonderful network of friends. And our family is so very supportive. Our niece, Sue, who is in Cypress even called today...truly touched our hearts. Melanie and family have been so helpful and supportive here; Jennifer has been busy keeping track of what is going on and putting out updates to family and friends for us; Mike, Ric and Jerry have checked in daily; Billie and Dan have called to make sure we are both okay...Holly and family have as well. Jeannette and Gary have been my rock of strenght the past few days. And to Kathy, you have been here, done that and know what it is about. My sister, brothers and cousins have called; I have talked to friends that I haven't talked to in months as well. And to Suzi and Jack; Jude and Roger, Frank and Lynn, Kathy and Rowland, Pat and Patti, Bill and Laurie...what would we do without your friendship??? Thank you, thank you, thank you.

No comments:

Followers