Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Ric's Journey!

Youngest son, Ric ........... we are so very proud of his accomplishment!

I finished the walk!!!!! 60 miles in 3 Day!!!! What anamazing journey!!!Thanks to you I have raised over $8,000. This total doubled my original goal of $4,000 back in March. Thank You for your $upport!!!!

What an inspiring group of people to be around. Most people would be jealous of the experience I am just now completing. Can you imagine being with 2,800 people who.........1) have one goal 2) strive tohelp everyone succeed 3) come together due to reasons of the heart 4) are all competing against the same enemy 5) share each others pains and celebrations. If we could only carry this into our daily/work lives. This team has raised over $6.4 million dollars.


Surrounded by family and friends, I crossed the finish line at MemorialStadium on Sunday (9/9) at about 1:45 p.m.


Cheers from a crowd of over5,000 filled the stadium at Closing Ceremonies. Walkers, Survivors,Volunteer Crew Member, and Supporters (family and friends) all joining together to celebrate. For everyone in attendance, an emotion filled and tear inducing ceremony capped the end of the 3-Day journey.
Back to work on Monday, wearing slippers (due to blistered feet) and walking a little slower than usual...........filled with the annoying foot pain, filled with extreme pride. The feet are improving each day.The pride grows with each recounting of my encounters over the 3-Day event.As I said, the Breast Cancer Battle Continues...................if youhave not taken the chance to donate, you still can. Mail your donationto me or enter it on the website (in signature footer) which will still be active for another week or so.
My next challenge comes on Oct 7th with the "Walk for Hope" (City of Hope) which takes place in Seattle at Magnussen Park. This will be a shorter walk (5K) my family has done for about 4 years. If you would like to join me, just give me a holler. We need to end breast cancer forever.............Thank you again for all of the emotional and financial support...............I could not have done it without you. I carried all of your names and motivating words with me throughout the 60 miles.I am truly blessed to have you in my inner circle of family and friends.................Thank You!!!
Ric Wraspir Walked 60 miles in 3 Days to Stop Breast Cancer. "Everyone Deserves a Lifetime" Contact me at (savingsecondbases@comcast.net) Please donate at website (http://www.the3day.org/seattle07/ric_wraspir)>

1 comment:

Michael said...

Hey Ric, congratulations on completing the 60 mile walk. Thanks for adding the donation link to your blog. I lost the last e-mail you sent and kept forgetting to go find the web site to make the donation I promised to you.

I hope you had a great time hunting with your Dad and Brothers! Say hi to your family for me. Best wishes, Michael McLane

Followers