Thursday, September 06, 2007

Wrollin' again

Canyonville, OR

We are finally on the wroad again. We left Portland this morning and by the time we got here we were both tired. Canyonville is about 40 miles north of Grants Pass and we are in a great RV "Resort" here....Seven Feathers! I remember this area fondly as I was born in Grants Pass and lived there until I was 10. Of course, none of this was here, but the scenery is the same...beautiful Oregon!

I had an experience today that I never want to have again. About 15 miles north of here is a Rest Area...and I had to stop! As I was about to go into the WOMEN'S (for Rowland) restroom a little garden snake slithered in front of me. Now, as all of you know, I am scared of snakes...big time. However, my needing to go to the bathroom over rode my fright...yes it scared me, but it didn't stop me from going to the bathroom. Now, this is the part that gets interesting! As I was sitting down in the stall, I look down and here comes that damn snake! Slithering across the floor right in front of my feet!! Oh, what to do??? It wasn't a pretty picture, let me tell you....here I am on the toilet, with BOTH feet up on the door of the stall. Well, then I got the giggles thinking how ridiculous this must look (now, tell me, who is looking???) -- however, I still am in the bathroom and that snake is to! Finally, after trying to look around (remember I am in a bathroom stall), I very quickly put my feet on the floor, pull up my big girl panties (as Mike would say) and RAN out of the bathroom...not even stopping to wash my hands....I wasn't about to give that snake a third chance at me! Why me?????

The weather has been great for travel...not too hot, but sunny. I suppose once we get over the Siskyou mountains and into Redding, CA and the Sacramento Valley, we will be getting some hot weather. And I don't expect to see any cool weather after that!!!!

We will be stopping in Acton probably over the weekend. We will see Billie and Dan and some other friends there and pick up our heater/air conditioner unit that we will install in the new house in Tucson. Long story, but the short of it is that Dan managed to find us a FREE one...and free is good! We hope to be home by Tuesday...

Al is feeling pretty good....good enough to pick on me, so everything seems to be getting back to normal! My life in a nutshell!

Until next time....we are Wroamin'.

No comments:

Followers